CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Cinnamon Rolls....YUM!!

On Monday in between moving furniture and cleaning I got the bright idea to finally make homemade cinnamon rolls. It was sort of a long process to me but oh so good in the end. It was actually my first "baking from scratch" recipe!! I'm very proud of myself for how they turned out too!!!

I made the dough on Monday but actually finished the cinnamon rolls yesterday. The recipe also gave instructions for an icing but I didn't use it...I experimented and made my own and it was pretty tasty as well!

The recipe I used for the cinnamon rolls can be found here.

For the icing I used probably 2 cups of powder sugar, 2 tbsp. of butter, 1 tbsp. of vanilla extract, and enough milk to make it as thick/thin as you want. I mixed it all together and about 5 minutes after I pulled the rolls out of the oven I poured the icing over them and it was great!!

I'm debating on making some yeast rolls this evening so we will see!

0 comments:

Post a Comment