CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Frugal Recipes

I began searching for frugal recipes earlier this year in an attempt to cut down on our grocery bill. Little did I know that there was an incredible wealth of information on not only frugal recipes but also on all aspects of frugal living. Frugal living has become a part of everyday life with my family now. With 6 of us living on one income we have to make sure that we can account for every dollar spent and make sure that it is spent wisely. I had never given much thought about reducing our grocery bill to give us a little more money each check but I’m so glad that I came across all of the information that I did.  I’m still experimenting with making my own frugal recipes and living tips but I’m proud of what I have accomplished so far.
So today I’m going to list a few recipes that should be easy on your wallet. Hope you enjoy!!
Beefy Mac and Cheese (I’m sure everyone has thought of this at some point.)
1-2 boxes of macaroni and cheese (or homemade if you prefer)
1 pound of hamburger meat
Butter and Milk
Salt and Pepper to taste

Cook macaroni according to package directions. While macaroni is cooking brown hamburger meat; drain and set aside. After macaroni is done, drain and add hamburger meat to pot. Mix in the cheese powder, milk, and butter. Then add salt and pepper to taste.

Baked Potato Soup
4 cans of chicken broth
2 ½ cups of instant mashed potato flakes
1 pint half and half
3 cups shredded cheese, divided
Salt and Pepper to taste

In a pot mix chicken broth, potato flakes, and half and half. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly until thickened. Add 2 cups cheese and cook for 2-3 minutes still stirring. Remove from heat and add 1 cup cheese to top.
*We added bacon bits to ours also…options are really endless on what you can add!

Vegetable Beef Soup
1 pound hamburger meat
2 (16 oz)cans tomato sauce
2 large cans veg all
3-4 potatoes, peeled and cubed

Brown hamburger and drain. Add remaining ingredients and cook until potatoes are tender. You might also have to add a little water to get it as soupy as you want!

~~~Most of the ingredients I have mentioned in these recipes are commonly found in your pantry so be sure to check before you go to the store. While I am not a couponer , some of you probably are and could get these ingredients on sale also…making it ever better on the budget!!~~~

Ashley

0 comments:

Post a Comment