CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 6, 2011

52 Weeks of Me Challenge #1

Photobucket


Years ago I had a closet full of cute clothes. I bought new shoes weekly. I loved to go out and wear my high heels. My hair was regularly cut and eye brows were waxed. I had a ton of make up and loved trying new things with it.

Then....

I became a mommy. I gained 80 lbs my first pregnancy. I was HUGE all the way around. To say the least I was miserable. And of course when he was born that weight didn't magically disappear. That was almost 7 years ago.

It wasn't until summer of 2009 that I actually got close to that pre-pregnancy weight...about 10 pounds away. Drew and I got engaged. I almost felt like myself again. I bought the most gorgeous wedding dress and looked wonderful in it. We didn't want a long engagement so the wedding was planned for November 7, 2009. In between July and October I didn't try my dress on. The week we were getting married I put the dress on and big surprise it was getting tight...I had gained weight again!!!

Then...

I became a stay at home mom of not only 1 child but 3 more. I was cooking bigger and better meals than before. I was snacking with the kids. I was eating when I was bored. And...I gained more weight. I didn't care what my hair looked like or if my eyebrows were taking over my face. I hardly ever wear makeup and my hair is mostly in a ponytail. Some days I'm lucky if I even get a shower.

I've lost who I am. Being a mommy is a wonderful thing but that is not all that I am. I am a woman. I have a husband that deserves a wife that takes better pride in herself.

Not anymore though...

I came across the 52 weeks of me challenge and thank goodness I did!! Although I am currently pregnant so I can go off on a weight loss kick. But I can get ME back. I can fix my hair. I can have pretty clothes again. I can look like the 24 year old woman again...tastefully.

So the challenge is to do 1 thing a week that is just for me! I had some big plans for this week but unfortunately they didn't work out.

What did I do then??

Well...I had an eye doctor appointment on Wednesday and I got CONTACTS. I wanted to get rid of the glasses during the day. I felt good about them...until yesterday...I'm having a hard time actually getting them in my eye. Guess it takes practice!

That's what I did for week #1...I got contacts!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Contacts! That's awesome! What a great way to start the year.

penguinsandladybugs said...

Getting contacts is great! You'll develop confidence the more you put them in! Keep it up!!! Good for you!!!

Andrea said...

Hi there! Coming over from Dolli-Mama's link up. I think contacts are a great way to start the 52 week challenge! Congrats on you pregnancy!! I hope you don't mind me following along! Have a great week! Andrea ( The Mays Twins)

Post a Comment