CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Preparing for baby's arrival

In just a few short weeks (ok 7 weeks) we will be welcoming the 5th baby into our family! I couldn’t be more excited! I feel like I’m not very prepared though. We’ve been buying things he will need but there is still PLENTY that we don’t have. I have never been much of a procrastinator and I’m not sure why I have been with this baby! It’s actually quite aggravating to me.

I don’t feel like my house is prepared for the time that I will be down after we get home. I wanted to have a stocked freezer and pantry so that cooking won’t be a big deal and my family doesn’t starve. That hasn’t happened yet. I have a few things in the freezer but nothing that will last for more than a few days after we come home. Our pantry isn’t very well stocked either. There are a few things that would amount to some sort of meal but that’s about it. There isn’t much to snack on for the kids (or me). I’ve got my work cut out for me at a time when I should be resting!!

I’m making myself some sort of a checklist to make sure everything is done before he gets here but I just feel like I’m missing something. I will realize it after he’s born and we get home and then I will stress over it. UGH!

I still need to do….EVERYTHING!!!!

I certainly hope he doesn’t decide to come early because I’m definitely not prepared for that!!!

I’m the biggest list person there is. I need a list for everything I do or I feel off. So over the next few days I’m going to be making some lists to help me get prepared for my little man’s arrival! I’ll post them as I go and maybe it will help someone else too!

I swear I feel like I’m becoming a parent for the first time. I feel like I have forgotten everything there is about a new baby! It has been almost 7 years since I have had a newborn but I didn’t think you could forget things like this. I’m totally lost!

Any moms out there want to help me cover the bases? I’m trying to come up with ideas on preparing the house, things I still need to buy, my hospital bag, his diaper bag contents, umm…pretty much everything…ok? Help me out please!!!

Ashley

0 comments:

Post a Comment